Friday, June 3, 2011

Why This One?

The following piece on District 9 was one of my favorite pieces to write because it gave me an opportunity to showcase my ability to analyze the true meaning and depth of this particular movie. Being a person that likes to watch all different types of movies, I enjoyed being able to watch a movie that is not in my favorite genre and still being able to see that there were deeper issues and insights underneath the main plot. This film on the surface is about getting aliens out of the way of our human lives because they are different from us.
We watch the main character go from being a respected part of the MNU community to an outcast in this movie and see a dramatic change in his thinking about himself, his colleagues, and the aliens themselves.
My analysis of this movie, while not perfect, is reflected in this piece. “When people are outcast from their community, they tend to begin to see things within those communities that they never thought were possible… Sometimes being cast out of a community can give someone a different perspective of the world around them.” This piece enabled me to write about this basic lesson that I have found particularly important in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment