Friday, June 3, 2011

Why Revise?

I have chosen to include my initial post from the Tradition discussion board as my revision piece because out of all of the assignments I have completed, this was the one that needed revision the most. The original prompt for this assignment was as follows.
Come to conclusions about the following questions, based on the readings and on the answers that your classmates pose. Participate as broadly as you can, synthesizing your readings and ideas related to the prompt question.  Remember to mention authors’ names as you bring in ideas from the readings. 
Consider the following questions:
1.  Are established traditions guiding influences or are they limiting?  Should we question the origins or purposes of our culture’s traditions?
2.  What takes precedence, our search for our own identity or our adherence to our culture’s traditions?
3.  If we shun our culture’s traditions, should we be shunned ourselves (or should we shun those who don’t follow them)? 
4.  Is society becoming more accepting of transgressions, of non-conforming behavior?
As you will see I did not fully address the prompt in my original post. I have learned a lot about revising and bettering my writing in this class and I think this revision will further demonstrate my progress in becoming a better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment